Spine treatment in Broward County
The orthopedic specialists at University Hospital and Medical Center offer personalized spine care to patients in Tamarac.
Our team diagnoses and provides a variety of services for spine conditions—including degenerative disc disease surgery.
For additional information about our spine care services, call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (954) 724-6342.
Comprehensive spine care
Living with neck or back pain can make normal activities, such as walking, bending or working, increasingly difficult. Our team of neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons can diagnose and provide a comprehensive treatment plan for spine conditions.
Other members of our multidisciplinary spine team include surgeons, pain physicians and nurses, who work together to provide a care plan tailored to the individual needs of our patients.
We offer the following spinal surgeries and treatments:
- Cervical surgery
- Compression fracture treatment
- Degenerative disc disease surgery
- Degenerative joint disease surgery
- Disc replacement
- Lumbar surgery
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal stenosis treatment
When to see a doctor for back pain
Although many sources of back pain can be treated at home, back pain that is constant or severe may need advanced care from an orthopedic doctor.
You may need to seek orthopedic care if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Back pain when standing, walking or lying down
- Difficulty or inability to carry weight
- Difficulty standing or walking
- Intense pain or burning in the back
- Reduced range of motion in the back
- Sudden swelling on or near your spine
- Signs of infection, such as fever, chills or redness, accompanied by back pain