Cardiopulmonologists in Tamarac, Florida
The cardiopulmonary services department at University Hospital and Medical Center provides accurate diagnoses and compassionate, effective treatment for patients with acute and chronic lung and heart-related conditions.
In addition to identifying and treating cardiopulmonary conditions, our experts will work with you to develop a preventive and proactive approach to your lung health.
For additional information about our pulmonary care, please call Consult-A-Nurse® team at (954) 724-6342.
The cardiopulmonary services department at University Hospital and Medical Center offers a full range of therapeutic and diagnostic inpatient and outpatient care. Some of these services include:
- Bronchodilator therapy
- Chest physiotherapy
- Mechanical ventilation
Patients admitted to the hospital for pulmonary issues will be trained and educated in the use of any techniques (e.g., breathing exercises) or equipment (e.g., oxygen therapy tanks) they will need after discharge.
Cardiopulmonary diagnostic services
We offer a wide variety of cardiopulmonary diagnostic services to effectively diagnose and treat symptoms. Some of these services include:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)—A diagnostic procedure that measures electrical activity in the heart.
- Stress testing—A diagnostic tool doctors can use to measure heart performance during increased physical activity, such as being on a treadmill.
- Echocardiogram—A diagnostic procedure that uses sound to produce images of the heart.
- Bronchoscopy—A procedure that allows doctors to view the inside of the lungs using a thin tube attached to a small camera.
For the comfort and convenience of outpatients, a member of the cardiopulmonary department personally escorts patients from registration to their test location. Our staff is committed to providing compassionate care in a patient-centered atmosphere.
Pulmonary function testing
We also conduct pulmonary function testing. Pulmonary function tests reveal how well your lungs work—how much air your lungs can hold, how much air you can blow out and with what pressure you can blow air. These tests help doctors diagnose a range of conditions, from coughing to respiratory diseases.
We have the ability to use both inpatient and outpatient pulmonary tests to measure lung capacity and flow rates of oxygen, carbon dioxide and other gases. These breathing tests include:
- Spirometry—A diagnostic test that measures how quickly, and in what amounts, you inhale and exhale air.
- Lung volume measurement—A diagnostic test that measures the maximum amount of gas exhaled during breathing.
- Diffusion study—A diffusion study helps measure lung function by measuring how well the air sacs in the lungs are delivering oxygen to the blood.
Our multidisciplinary team also specializes in vascular care—diagnosing and treating issues affecting the blood vessels.
The expert team provides advanced treatment for a variety of vascular conditions, including artery and valve diseases.