The Orthopedic & Spine Institute at University Hospital and Medical Center will have patients and visitors feeling as though they are in a hotel. The 8-bed oversized, private suites can comfortably accommodate a family member overnight. The wing has a neutral d-cor that offers the peace and comforts of home. Patients have convenient access to a rehabilitation gym located on the same floor as patient suites for daily physical therapy.
Orthopedic and Spine Patient Navigator
At The Orthopedic and Spine Institute at University Hospital & Medical Center, we understand that undergoing total joint replacement or revision surgery requires a lot of planning and support. That's why we have a dedicated orthopedic nurse specialist to help you and your family navigate the entire journey. Think of it as your own personal concierge who will:
- Provide education on what to expect before, during and after surgery.
- Give you a tour of the Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
- Meet with you while you are in the hospital and provide reassurance that you are progressing as expected.
- Work closely with the surgeons, nurses, therapists and case manager as a team to assist you with your recovery and your orthopedic and spine navigator discharge.
The Orthopedic and Spine Institute at University Hospital and Medical Center offers comprehensive solutions for:
- Custom Knee Replacement - This innovative technology provides patients with a personalized surgical experience, facilitating an optimal implant fit and better outcomes. Differences in bone shape affect the way a knee replacement fits. Studies show that misalignment causes increased wear of the implant and can lead to premature failure. Customized knee replacement surgery utilizes MRI technology and pre-operative planning tools to create surgical guides that are tailored to each patient's unique anatomy, allowing surgeons to better place and align the new knee. Surgeons can adjust and improve computer generated images of the patient's knee to create the ideal customized surgery. In addition, surgeons use individually-tailored knee replacements that are designed to better match an individual's anatomy. Download the
- Joint Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Sports-related Injuries
- Joint Discomfort
- Ligament and tendon injuries
- Back Pain
- Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery
- Next Day Hip Replacement
- Total joint replacement
Risk Assessment Cards
Curious to know if you are at risk for Orthopedic and Joint Replacement Surgery? Click on one of the following links to see if you are at risk. If you answered YES to any of the 6 questions, you should discuss your symptoms with your physician or an orthopedic surgeon.
For a free physician referral call (866) 442-2362.
- Back Pain Risk Assessment
- Joint Pain Lower Extremity Risk Assessment
- Sports Medicine Risk Assessment
- Foot and Ankle Risk Assessment
- Joint Pain Shoulder Risk Assessment
- Join Pain Upper Extremity Risk Assessment
For a free physician referral, please call 1-866-4HCA-DOCS (442-2362).
To learn more about orthopedic procedures, visit our Health Library.