Thank you for your interest in our University Hospital and Medical Center, Palm Beach Consortium for Graduate Medical Education, Psychiatry Residency Program. Psychiatry Pavilion is a beautiful free standing state of the art behavioral health facility located on the campus of University Hospital and Medical Center. University Pavilion is staffed by over 13 physicians that specialize in Psychiatry many are certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or the American Osteopathic Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Licensed psychologist, social workers, nurses, physical therapist, dietary and nutrition consultants and recreational therapist assist patients with understanding mental illness, developing coping skills and improving decision making. Our Core Faculty, Chief Resident and I have developed a didactic curriculum to satisfy the needs of ACGME and our Psychiatry Specialty Program.
We take pride delivering education to our residents and offer a variety of Psychiatric Rotations inclusive but not limited to inpatient and outpatient settings: Adult acute, Child Adolescent, Intensive Outpatient Therapy (IOP), Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT), Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), Adolescent IOP, Geriatric Behavioral Health.
Emergency Psychiatry Department
Young Inpatient Behavioral Health Services
Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health Services
The Center for Geriatric Behavioral Health
Partial Hospitalization Program & Intensive Outpatient Therapy
Our off-site rotations in Broward County offer a wide variety of patient needs:
- Cleveland Clinic is a multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education Neurology.
- Miami VA Broward Outpatient Center (William “Bill” Kling Department of Veterans Affairs Clinic)
We take this time to thank you for your interest in our Psychiatry Residency Program and welcome the opportunity of greeting you.
Ethan B. Kass, D.O.
Above all else, we are committed to the care that is rendered to the patients of our attendings, as well as that, which will be provided to the patients of our graduates. In recognition of this commitment, we will strive to deliver high quality, cost-effective graduate medical education programs utilizing the resources of our hospitals, faculty and community.
In pursuit of our mission, we believe the following value statements are essential and timeless:
- We recognize and affirm the obligation to our community to graduate the most highly qualified physicians possible.
- We will not graduate any individual who we would not feel comfortable referring to a loved one.
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our education team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity
Why choose our program?
Benefits to Training with Us
- Diverse Clinical Experience with a Wide Array of Patient Population
- Exposure to Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and
- Geriatric Psychiatry Starting PGY I Year
- ECT/TMS/Ketamine/IOP/PHP and Consult Liaison
- 100% 1st Time Board Pass Rate
- Excellent Work, Life Balance
- Beautiful weather year round, we are 20 minutes away from Fort Lauderdale Beach and 45 Minutes from Miami
- Strong Faculty Retention
- Diverse Faculty and Resident Makeup
- Generous Resident Benefits and Resident Salary
List of leadership and faculty
Dr. Ethan Kass DO- Program Director
Dr. Kass is the program director of the residency program. He is currently board certified in Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry and Consult and Liaison and Psychiatry and is renowned lecturer and leader of ECT treatment in the state of Florida and previous president of the Florida Psychiatric Society.
Dr. Robert Antoine MD- Assistant Program Direction