How to apply
Welcome Letter from our Program Director
Thank you for your interest in our HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital Palm Beach Consortium for Graduate Medical Education Psychiatry Residency Program.
Psychiatry Pavilion is a beautiful, free-standing, state-of-the-art behavioral health facility located on the campus of HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital.
University Pavilion is staffed by over 13 physicians that specialize in Psychiatry many are certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or the American Osteopathic Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
The HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital's Psychiatry Residency program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values, and ideals.
HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital Psychiatry Residency is a four-year, ACGME-accredited, psychiatry resident training program.
We are located at HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital in Tamarac, Florida. HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital is a 317-bed acute care hospital including 60 inpatient psychiatry beds with four inpatient psychiatric units, including a specialized Child and Adolescent Unit and Geriatric Unit.
The residency program was founded in 2012 and currently has 32 total funded positions.
Opportunities at our residency include but are not limited to experience in:
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescence Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Addiction Psychiatry
- Consult Liaison
- Electric Convulsive Therapy
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Emergency Psychiatry
The programs’ goal is to create well-trained psychiatrists with a variety of educational training opportunities to prepare residents for the evolving and challenging field of Psychiatry.
Get to Know the Team
Ethan B. Kass, DO Program Director
Benefits to Training with Us
- Diverse clinical experience with a wide array of patient populations
- Exposure to Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry starting PGY I Year
- ECT/TMS/Ketamine/IOP/PHP and Consult Liaison Experience
- Program history of a 100% pass rate on board exams
- Excellent work/life balance
- Beautiful weather year-round
- 20 minutes away from Fort Lauderdale Beach
- 45 minutes from Miami
- Strong faculty retention
- Diverse faculty and resident makeup
- Generous resident benefits and resident salary
Curriculum & Rotation Schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
The training program includes robust didactic education including:
- DSM review
- PRITE review
- Journal club
- Case presentations
- Simulation lab
In addition, we hold live, weekly interviews in which first-year residents interview patients in front of our Program Director and peers to receive feedback on both the interviews and their proposed treatment plans.
Salary & Benefits Information
1st Year: $52,770
2nd Year: $54,270
3rd Year: $55,770
4th Year: $57,270
- 20 Days PTO
- Free breakfast/lunch/dinner in Hospital Cafeteria
- Cell phone and service
- Educational expense reimbursement
- ACLS/BLS training
- Training license paid by the program
- Access to purchase HCA Healthcare Medical/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life Insurance with employer assistance
- 401k matching
- HCA Healthcare stock purchase program
- The hospital will provide worker’s compensation insurance, consistent with the hospital’s benefits program.
- COMLEX Step 1- higher than 470
- COMLEX Step 2- 489
- USMLE Step 1- 210
- USLMLE Step 2 CK- 225
- USLMLE Step 2 CS – Pass