University Hospital and Medical Center’s new visitor policy is as follows:
- Patients are not allowed visitors in our Emergency Department or Inpatient Units (on our floors)
- Visitors are not permitted for COVID-19 patients/PUI.
- Visitors are not allowed in our Behavioral Health Unit
- Our Outpatient entrance remains open
- Surgical patients may have one adult patient advocate during pre and immediate post–op period per day.
Note: Pediatrics is an exception for all no visitor cases listed above.
General visitation guidelines:
- All visitors must wear a face mask at all times.
- Visiting hours are restricted to 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- All visitors must be 16 years of age or older.
- Accommodations will be made for patients at or who are approaching “end of life.”
Masks Required: Masks are required in all areas and at all times for patients, visitors, staff and physicians. Those who do not comply, will be asked to leave the facility.
To stay connected with loved ones that cannot be visited in person, we encourage using FaceTime, Skype, WhatsApp and other video chat alternatives.
The health and safety of our patients and caregivers are always our top priority. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.