Additionally, these detailed images mean greater accuracy in detecting disease, enabling patients to receive early treatment. As a result, MRI’s can often reduce the need for certain diagnostic surgeries. MRI aids in the diagnosis of many conditions including but not limited to:
- Bone Diseases
- Hydrocephalus (abnormal fluid in the skull)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spine Disorders
- Traumatic injuries
- Joint Pain
- Ligament Injury
- Difficult to Diagnose Fractures
MRI is very safe. There has been no documented health risks associated with the magnetic field or the radio waves used by the scanner as certain safety criteria are met. However, due to the significant power of the magnetic field, it is important for you to tell us if the following apply to you.
Do you have...
- A pacemaker?
- An artificial heart valve?
- An inferior vena cava filter?
- An implanted cardiac defibrillator?
- Any neurostimulators in your body?
- Metal implants such as plates and pins?
- Aneurysm brain clips?
- An intrauterine device (IUD), such as Copper-7 IUD?
- Any other metal objects in or on your body?
- An insulin pump or other infusion pump?
- Previous gun wound, and shrapnel or bullets in your body?
- Inner ear implants?
- Permanent (tattoo) eye-liner?
- Have you ever been a metal/iron worker or worked with sheet metal?
- Ever been struck in the eyes with metal shavings?
- Ever been wounded during military service?
- Had any head or brain surgery?
- Do you weigh more than 300 pounds?
- Are you claustrophobic?
- Are you pregnant?
If you have answered YES to any of these questions, please call (954)724-6240 to speak to a Technologist.